The Open Orders block shows all orders for the patient (e.g., labs, scans, etc.) for which results have not yet been uploaded. You can right click on any open order to:
- Mark as complete (removes it from the Open Orders block but does not associate it with a results document)
- Remove it without marking it as complete (use this option if the patient will not fill the order)
- Delete the order
- Create a fax form with the requested order that you may print, fax to the appropriate facility, or save to the patient's file and, if you'd like, share with the patient on the Patient Portal
- Send the order electronically if you have an HL7 sync with any labs
You can also manage multiple orders by checking the box beside the orders that you would like to manage and selecting from the Manage Checked drop down menu:
- Faxable Form - creates a form with the checked orders that you may print, fax to the appropriate facility, or save to the patient's file and, if you'd like, share with the patient on the Patient Portal.
- Send to Lab - sends checked orders electronically to a lab with which you have an HL7 sync.
- Assign Documents - matches open orders with a results document, either one that you have already uploaded to the patient's documents or you can upload a new document from your hard drive. Note that if you want to match an efax or imported results document to open orders, you can do this from the relevant document in the incoming fax queue or the imported results queue, respectively, both of which are found on the schedule page.
You can also add new orders via the Open Orders block by clicking on the plus icon, though orders are more typically added via an open encounter note.