For any prescription, you can save the prescription details - amount, number of refills, instructions, etc. - as a Dosing Profile so that you can more easily pull up the prescription with those prescription details in the future. You will be able to set a default profile that auto-populates when the medication is prescribed in the future, and/or secondary profiles that are easily selectable.
To save a new profile, begin to add the rx for a patient (or a test patient, if desired), entering all of the prescription details. Then select Save Current Settings as a New Profile from the PROFILE drop down menu at the top:
You will be prompted to:
- Enter a descriptive name (which auto-populates with key details from your prescription),
- Designate whether the dosing profile should be global (available to all in the practice) or personal (preferences only shown to you), and
- Designate whether it should be the default profile (which will auto-populate whenever that prescription is added in the future) or a secondary profile, which would be available for selection in the PROFILES drop down menu.
Save the profile to finalize. You can save any number of dosing profiles for a particular prescription.
Multiple secondary profiles would all appear as options to select from using the PROFILES drop down menu.
To edit an existing profile:
- Save a dosing profile with the updated information
- Use the PROFILE drop down menu to select Manage Profiles.
- Within the Manage Profiles window delete any previous dosing profiles that you no longer want.