Your internet browser uses a PDF viewer plug in to display PDF documents in the browser (including in the EMR and Patient Portal). Your browser generally has a built-in PDF viewer, but we strongly recommend installing the Adobe Acrobat Reader plug in and setting it as the default PDF document viewer.
Note that a browser update may reset the default to be the built-in PDF viewer. If you find that you are suddenly viewing PDF files a little differently or are having trouble viewing PDF files in the browser, check to make sure Adobe is still selected as the default PDF viewer. See below for specific instructions.
Download Adobe Reader by going to Adobe's website. Note that you will likely want to uncheck their optional offer to get McAfee Security Scan Plus before you click Install Now. Run the downloaded file and complete installation.
In the Chrome address bar, type chrome://plugins.
Disable the Chrome PDF Viewer..
Enable the Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader plug-in.
Close the Plug-ins tab and restart Chrome.
- Click on the settings button in the upper right hand corner of your browser window, then on Options.
- Click Applications on the left.
- Scroll down to Portable Document Format in the Content Type column and select Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox) (or verify that this is already selected).
On Mac OS:
- Choose Preferences > Applications
- Scroll down to Portable Document Format in the Content Type column, then select Use Adobe Acrobat NPAPI Plug-In (or verify that this is already selected).