Two ways to sign up new patients in Cerbo:
1. Sign up on the patient portal:
Cerbo allows patients to register themselves through the Patient Portal, generally under https://[yourPortalSubdomain].md-hq.com/registration. This is the preferred method of adding patients, as it allows them to do the data entry for you, and also automatically registers them for the Patient Portal.
After the registration form is submitted, they will receive a confirmation email with a confirmation link that they must click in order to finalize Patient Portal access.
2. Adding them through the EMR:
You can also add a patient directly through the EMR interface in one of two ways:
- Go to Admin >+ Add New Patient
- If the patient search system is unable to find a matching patient when you're searching in any patient search bar, it will present you with the option to add a new patient.
To add the patient, enter the patient's basic information into the fields provided.
- first and last name sex
- date of birth
- plus email and postal code if "Should the patient be able to activate portal without further confirmation" is checked (these, along with last name and date of birth are used to confirm the patient's identity when he or she sets up Portal access).
Should the patient be able to activate portal without further confirmation?
If this is checked, the patient will be able to set up and access their Patient Portal account without further action or confirmation from you (by going to the Patient Portal home page and clicking on I'm a registered patient. Create my portal account).
If this is not checked, you will have to manually enable Patient Portal access in the EMR before the patient will be able to set up and access their Patient Portal account.
Send invitation email to portal?
If this is checked, the system will send an email to the email address specified above when you click +Add Patient inviting them to set up a username and password to access the Patient Portal. You should not need to take further action to get the patient set up on the Patient Portal.