To add a relationship (e.g. parent-child, spouse, emergency contact) between a patient and another person:
- Click on the plus icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Relationships block to bring up the Add New Relationship pop up
- Specify the type of relationship using the Set Relation drop down menu
- Then search for the corresponding patient using the Assign Patient search bar
- OR, click "select NON-PATIENT" and type in the name of someone who is not in the system, adding details about the relationship and/or the non-patient's contact information in the notes area for Details about this Relationship
- Add any other Details about this Relationship, as desired
Adding a relationship with another patient is reciprocal – a corresponding relationship shows up on the other patient's dashboard page, linking the two records via the Relationships block.
Right-clicking on an existing relationship will give you the option to edit or delete that relationship.