This article is for circumstances in which subscription charges cover specific insurance reimbursable services, and you would like to generate an insurance invoice (superbill) for the patient to submit to their insurance.
- Subscription billing - Bluefin
- Subscription billing - Stripe
- Generate Insurance Invoice or Service Receipt
- Manage how charge displays on an invoice
- Go to Admin > Manage > Charge List and set how the specific billable service charge should appear on an invoice that you generate.
- In the relevant encounter note, add the charge for the billable service to the patient's account, making sure to edit the Base Charge amount to $0 before clicking Add Charge. This ensures that the patient is not double-charged, as they were already automatically charged the subscription amount that includes this service. The invoice will show the amount that you defined in step 1.
- Generate the insurance invoice - No need to add a payment for the visit. Print it and/or save it to share with the patient on the Patient Portal.
If you follow these steps, the charge amount shown in the patient's billing history for the item will be $0, but the insurance invoice generated will show the charge and breakdown that you specified in the relevant entry in your charge list.