To add a new user or resource (room, or chair that you want to be able to schedule appointments for, e.g.), or edit existing users:
1. Open the Manage Users window by hovering over the Admin menu in the top navigation bar, selecting "Manage..." from the options, and selecting "Users" from the bottom of the second list.
2. To add a new user or resource, select "Add New User or Resource" to add a new user (or resource) to the system. A resource is a room or chair that should be able to be independently scheduled.
To edit an existing user or resource, click on their name in the users list.
3. In the Add (or Manage) User window, set or edit the user's Role, Employment Time, and Permission Level, clicking the links in the applicable spots for more information on user pricing and what users can do with the default Permission Levels, if needed.
Permission levels - Regular clinical or admin staff, which only restricts access to practice-wide billing reports and user management, can be used for most types of staff members. Select Superadmin for anyone who needs full access to all features. For more information about the different permission profiles available, click on More Info above the Permission Profiles drop down menu.
- If you would like to further limit what users can do beyond what is provided in the default Permission Levels, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know what you are hoping to restrict specific users from doing.
Enter or edit the user's name, email, and username. For users that you are adding, you will set a temporary password, which they should change to a secure password when they first login.
To change the password for an existing user, click on their name in the users list, check the box under Login Information box called "Check Here to Reset Password", and enter a new temporary password of your choosing.
You may also:
- Add or edit NPI and DEA numbers for prescribers
- Set whether a user has a calendar. Unchecking the box "Should this user have a calendar" will remove the user from the list under Calendar Options at the left of the schedule page.
- Set whether users may or must request a co-signature when signing an encounter note. For anyone who won't need to sign encounter notes or does not need co-signature, select "Never".
NOTE: If there is anything you need to let us know about an added user (for example, special billing circumstances), make sure to add this information in the "Notes to MD HQ" field.
Adding a Non-User "User" to have a Shared Task List
In some circumstances, for example in order to have a shared task list that is checked by multiple different people in the clinic, you may want to add a user that is not actually a user. Instructions for what to enter in the New User form for this:
- Role: choose Other
- User Employment/ Status: choose Quarter Time
- Permissions: choose Scheduling Limited
- Prefix, Suffix: blank
- First Name, Last Name, Username: enter information that is descriptive for what this non-user account is for.
- Password: doesn't matter (no one is actually logging in under this account), except that it should be strong/ unguessable for security purposes. Enter a random string of 8 characters into a note field, then copy paste into the Password and Confirm Password fields, then delete from the note field.
- Email, NPI, DEA: blank
- Should this user have a calendar: No
- Does this user require a co-signature when signing encounter notes?: Never
- Notes about this user: blank
- Notes to MD HQ: This is not an actual user - it is only for the purposes of other users having a shared task list.
Other key words: remove user, delete user