If you use the Shopify e-commerce platform for your supplements/products store on your website, you can link your Shopify webstore to your EHR to (1) get your inventory items from your Shopify store loaded into Cerbo, and (2) keep in-stock numbers synced between your online store and your in-office inventory as tracked in Cerbo.
How the Integration Works
Once you have your Shopify linked with your EHR:
- You will add new items that you are carrying to Shopify.
- To sync Shopify items over to Cerbo, go to Admin > My Inventory, and click the Get New Shopify Products button to pull in new products that you have added to your Shopify store to your EHR inventory, charge list, and prescribable "alternate plan options" list.
- Inventory stock numbers will be automatically updated in both Shopify AND your EHR when you dispense inventory via the patient's chart in the EHR, update your inventory numbers in Cerbo, or sell via your Shopify webstore.
The integration does not otherwise update information between the two systems.
- You would still be working in Shopify to fulfill orders placed in the webstore. Orders placed in your Shopify webstore do not alert you within the EHR, and do not show up in the relevant patient charts (though the inventory # would be updated in both systems, as mentioned).
- Edits to item names or prices would have to be done in both systems separately (assuming they are meant to be the same - there may be reasons to have differences).
- The charges/ billing records are not synced. Shopify sales are tracked in your Shopify billing reports, while in-office inventory sales (via Cerbo) would show up in patients' billing histories and Cerbo billing reports.
You can go to Admin > Manage > Integrations > Shopify to find other helpful tools: