To link your Shopify webstore to your EMR inventory, you would:
- Create a Private App in your Shopify account and set up the required permissions.
- Share the API information for that app with MD HQ. Because API access information is sensitive information, please do not send this over email. Instead, please post it on a sticky note in John Doe's chart in your EMR, and then let MD HQ staff know to retrieve the information.
Creating or Editing the Private App in Shopify
To create a new private app in your Shopify account, or edit an existing private app, login to Shopify and click on Apps. Then click on Manage Private Apps where it appears toward the middle bottom of the page.
If you have already created a private app, you will see it listed in the next screen that appears and can click on the Private app name to edit. Or you can click on the button at the top right to Create a new private app.
The screenshot below shows the screen you would see to add, view, and edit the Private app. You can define the Private app name and Contact email (optional) as desired.
Under ADMIN API PERMISSIONS, set the permissions as shown in the screenshot:
- Customer details and customer groups - Read access
- Orders, transactions and fulfillments - Read and write
- Product information - Read and write
- Products, variants and collections - Read and write
Any other API permissions may be set to No access. If you don't see any of those four options listed, click on Review disabled Admin API permissions to see all API permissions options.
Make sure to click the Save button at the bottom to save your Private app or any changes you have made.
Sharing API Access Information with Cerbo
The information that we need to link up your Shopify store is:
- Your store URL (for example, mdhqstore if the URL for our store was mdhqstore.myshopify.com)
- The API key
- The password
- The shared secret key
Please copy/paste that information into a sticky note that you post in John Doe's chart in your EMR (API access information is sensitive information and should not be shared via email). Then let us know that the information is posted and ready to set up your Shopify link. We will complete the configuration using the information that you supply, and let you know when your Shopify is linked.
Getting Shopify Inventory Into Cerbo
Once your Shopify is linked up to your Cerbo inventory, the next step is to sync up the inventories of both platforms:
If you have any overlapping products in both Cerbo Inventory and Shopify (i.e. you had inventory set up in both places already) make sure to run this reconciliation tool BEFORE you run an initial sync: https://[your-cerbo-subdomain].md-hq.com/admin/tools/shopify/matchup_shopify_inventory.php - This will allow you to avoid duplicating products when you run an initial sync.
If you don't have overlapping products or you've already performed the above step, you can import items from Shopify to Cerbo by clicking the Get New Shopify Products button at the top of your inventory list (Admin > Manage > Inventory).
Related: About the Shopify Integration