In general, each user's task and task list is separate (although there is a configuration option where ALL users could see ALL open orders and/ or unsigned SOAP notes). If you have several staff members who need to share one task list, you can do this by creating a dummy user for that shared task list under Admin > Manage > Users (your own user permissions must be set to allow User Management to be able to do this, so setting this up would be a task for someone with superadmin permissions).
Click on the Add New User button, and then on Add User (not Add Resource). In the user set up window:
- Role: choose Other
- User Employment/ Status: doesn't matter. Pick any one.
- Permissions: pick something limited (Scheduling Limited would work).
- Prefix: blank
- First Name: Choose any "first name" that makes sense for your shared task list, when read along with the "last name," for example "Shared"
- Last Name: Choose any "last name" that makes sense for your shared task list, when read along with the "first name," for example "Nurse Tasks"
- Suffix: blank
- Username: Choose a username that makes sense for your shared task list, for example "nursetasks"
- Password: doesn't matter (no one is actually logging in under this account), except that it should be strong/ unguessable for security purposes. Enter a random string of 8 characters into a note field, then copy paste into the Password and Confirm Password fields, then delete from the note field.
- Email: blank
- NPI: blank
- DEA: blank
- Should this user have a calendar: No
- Does this user require a co-signature when signing encounter notes?: Never
- Notes about this user: blank
- Notes to MD HQ: This is not an actual user - it is only for the purposes of other users having a shared task list.