This article illustrates how to give access to Safari to use your camera and microphone on an iOS mobile (iphone) or tablet (ipad) device.
To have a call on iOS devices, you need to provide access to your webcam and microphone. Safari requires you answer this each time.
1. Open the video call and select "Allow" when prompted.
2. If you do not see that prompt, you may need to specifically enable camera and microphone access in your iphone or ipad device's settings:
- Scroll down, and select Safari
- At the bottom, select Camera and set it to Allow
- Do the same for Microphone
You may also want to:
- Make sure you are not in private mode in Safari 11+
- Ensure your iPad doesn't have the zoom feature enabled
If you are still unable to see yourself in the video feed, do the following in order:
- Restart the Safari browser app
- Make sure your camera works with FaceTime.
- Make sure there is nothing blocking the camera and is clean of any dirt or smudges
On iOS 13 and up, you can also set the camera and microphone to be enabled by default:
- Go to Settings on your device
- Scroll down and open Safari tab
- Ensure Camera & Microphone are set to Allow
- Make sure Request Desktop Site option is turned off
If you are continuing to experience issues, please test your device here: Twilio Network Test. It checks your camera and audio settings, as well as your network connection.