- Defining Work Schedules
- Setting Up your Appointment Types
- Appointment Notification and Reminder Emails and Text
- Viewing Calendars & Scheduling
Patient scheduling workflow:
Steps 1-3: Patient selects desired provider, appointment type and date
Step 4: Patient selects desired time based on your defined work schedule and current availability.
Step 5: Patient will provide basic contact details. Possible changes to this form are very limited.
Step 6: Once submitted, the patient will be see this message. The text here can be modified, or we can navigate to a page on your website instead.
Automated confirmation emails will only be sent if the patient is formally added to the EMR. If the patient chart is not created prior to scheduling the appointment, a confirmation will need to be manually sent using and external email client.
Appointment requests will appear in your patient portal queue as displayed below
To handle the request there are two possible workflows
Create new patient chart in the EMR (recommended)
- From the Patient Portal Queue, click Add As Patient. To easily differentiate newly added patients who schedule through your website from established/active patients, we recommend adding these patients as prospective using the status dropdown.
- Return to the schedule page and add the appointment as you would if the patient requested through the portal.
Note: This method will allow the prospective patient to receive confirmation/reminder emails and texts.
Add appointment without creating a patient chart
Schedule the appointment through Patient Portal Queue by selecting Add Appointment . All provided patient information will be included in the appointment note. The appointment will be scheduled without a patient formally associated.
Note: This method WILL NOT send an automated confirmation or reminder email/text to the patient. If a confirmation email is desired, you will need to send it through your own email client
Error stating online scheduling is not available
Alternative Workflows for New Patient Scheduling
Additional Keywords: website scheduling, embedded schedule, calendar