This integration offers the ability to create Zoom meetings directly from Cerbo appointments, which can then be linked to the appointment confirmation and reminder notifications. Please note that this integration is currently in Beta.
To get started, login to your EMR and go to Admin > Manage > Integrations > Zoom. If you don't see this option, contact Cerbo Support to have it enabled. Click on the "Add Zoom Account" link to get your accounts connected.
Once your Zoom account is setup in Cerbo, you should see a new option to create and attach a Zoom meeting when adding or editing appointments in Cerbo:
After a Zoom meeting has been created for an appointment, you can click to edit the appointment in order to access that join link (it should also automatically appear in your Zoom account, so you can join from their application as well):
Future modifications that you make to a Cerbo appointment will also be made to the corresponding Zoom meeting, but note that this is only one-way:
- If you change the time of an appointment in Cerbo, it will also update the associated Zoom meeting time
- If you cancel an appointment in Cerbo, it will automatically delete the associated Zoom meeting
- If you make any changes directly in Zoom's system, it will NOT update the corresponding Cerbo event
A Note About Group Visits and the Cerbo-Zoom Integration
One of the reasons to use Zoom, compared to Cerbo's built-in telemedicine functionality, is that Zoom can support more participants and could be used for meetings or classes. If you are using Zoom for classes, and you are scheduling those classes in Cerbo, you will NOT want to "Schedule with attached Zoom meeting" in Cerbo for class participants. That is because each time you do so, it creates a unique Zoom meeting and link. Instead, you would either:
- Use a static Zoom room/ link for your classes, and build that static link into the default notification/ reminders for your class appointment type(s). This is the recommended approach. And, incidentally, doesn't require the Zoom integration at all!
- Or you can use "Schedule with attached Zoom meeting" for the first patient who is scheduled. And then manually copy/ paste the link that is created into the notification/ reminder messages for each class participant who is subsequently scheduled.
Uninstalling the Zoom integration
To disable the integration:
- Login to your EMR account:
- Go to Admin > Manage > Integrations > Zoom
- Click on the trash icon next to your account here to remove it from Cerbo
- Login to your Zoom account:
- Navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace
- Click Manage > Installed Apps and search for the Cerbo by MD HQ app
- Click the Cerbo by MD HQ app
- Click Uninstall