We can generally port your fax number over from your current fax carrier over to come directly into the EHR, though it depends on the carrier (some carriers do not port out fax numbers). To request the port, we will need the following, both dated within 30 days:
- Completed Letter of Authorization/ Fax Port Request, signed by the account owner (see below for more information on how to fill out the form)
- Copy of your most recent invoice from your current fax carrier.
The Letter of Authorization/ Port Request Form
To avoid rejection from the losing carrier, the information on the port request form must match exactly what your carrier has on file. For the best chance of a successful port on the first try, contact your carrier directly to verify the information, and be sure to fill out the form completely. You can request a "Customer Service Record" (CSR) from your current fax carrier, which should have the information you need to complete the request form.
Toll-free versus local number
Note that there is a different request form for toll free numbers (800, 888, etc.). (additionally, the included pages are lower for toll-free numbers due to the cost for those).
- Local fax number - use the USAD Local Number LOA Form attached to this article
- Toll free number - use the USAD Toll-Free Resporg Form attached to this article
Completing the Local Number LOA
- Porting TNs: Enter the fax number that you want to port.
- Requested Port Date: Enter the date you want to port to occur or ASAP. Note that it must be at least 10 days from the date the form is submitted, and the date is not guaranteed.
- Current Provider: Please provide the current fax carrier's name. If the carrier is not listed on your bill or invoice, please confirm with your current EHR/ vendor what fax carrier is being used.
- Account number:Enter the account number on file with your current fax carrier. If the account number is not clearly indicated on the proof of ownership, please contact current carrier or EHR to request the account number. Once an account number has been provided please add the account to the proof of ownership.
- *Elation/Telnyx does not have an account number. Please write Telnyx in this field.
- Existing Billing Telephone Number (BTN) with current provider: incorrect BTN is a very common reason for rejecting a port request. Please double check this information.
- Will you be porting this BTN? Select or mark "No" (unless the fax number you are porting IS your BTN)
- Is this a Full or Partial Port? Select or mark Partial (unless the fax number you are porting is your only number with the carrier AND is your BTN).
- New BTN: Write N/A (unless the fax number being ported is your BTN, and you have other numbers with the current carrier that you will be keeping)
- Customer Information - Provide your information EXACTLY as it appears on your bill from your current fax provider.
Add the printed signatory name, sign, and date at the bottom of the form. The person who signs the form must be the person that your current carrier has on file as the authorized signer on the account. Then email or fax back to your account manager at Cerbo.