This article focuses on adding new encounter types.
- Encounter Note Text Examples
- Signing Encounter Notes & Sharing the Visit Summary
- Encounter Note "Ownership"
Your practice can create and manage settings via the Encounter Type Manager. To access the Encounter Type Manager, navigate to Admin > Manage > Encounter Types.
Create a New Encounter Type
1. Click on Create New Encounter Type, create the Name of your new Encounter Type
2. Select an Icon from the available icons (highlighted green have not been used yet in your system).
3. Designate if a Diagnosis should be required for this Encounter Type to be save and signed by the User.
4. Designate the visit type as in-person. This is used for insurance documentation, but can also be used for your internal reporting or searches to see who has or has not been seen in person in a specified period of time.
5. Set the type to be shared/ not shared on the Patient Portal. This designates, when encounter notes of that type are signed, if an encounter summary will be automatically generated and shared with the patient on the Patient Portal.
6. Set Order of the encounter types within the drop down menu using the Sort Order field. Higher numbers will push this Encounter Type to the bottom of your drop down.
7. Add a Description, which will be visible only within the encounter note management view. (Internal Use Only)
8. Set an Insurance Location. This is optional, and would be used ONLY for insurance billing to populate into the appropriate field(s). Most often used Office 11 and Telehealth 02.